![]() |
| Well put, Mr. Poe... |
Recently, I enrolled in online college. I'm going for a bachelor's in computer animation at Full Sail University. I've been drawing since I was old enough to hold an instrument in my hand (which I assume was a crayon) and have wanted to be an animator almost as long. It's all I ever wanted to be, really... In any case, while creating my profile for school, I noticed that there was a space for you to link your websites, social sites and blog. Well... I have several blogs, actually, but I wasn't sure they were appropriate for people I would be so closely involved with. I figured my best bet to share my randomness with my fellow student,s and anyone else willing to read the drivel I'm apt to spit out, was to create a blog just for that purpose.
So here we are...
![]() |
| Movie poster from the 1960's |
If you are familiar or have read the Wikipedia entry, let us continue.
Every time I see this movie (or think about it, for that matter), the same random thought comes to mind.
Given the choice, I would much rather be a Morlock than an Eloi...
![]() |
| Now there's an attractive look... |
I'm not saying I want to be a blue skinned freak with saggy, baggy man boobs that looks like a retarded, highly inbred version of a Smurf with the stereotypical British teeth... If we're talking appearances, Morlocks are not high on the list of most attractive beings. I mean, look at them! Who the hell would choose to look like that...?! Certainly the Eloi with their blonde hair, blue eyes and nice physiques would be preferred if you would be basing your choice on appearance only.
![]() |
| Case in point... |
At the very least, they don't look like Papa Smurf's relative's from the backwoods...
But if you look at things from a more logical standpoint, it would be better to be a Morlock.
The Eloi are very naive people... They spend their days playing in the sun and having absolutely no concept as to how precious and important life is. All their food, clothing and shelter is provided for them. They have no clue where these things come from nor do they care. Essentially, they're like attractive, speaking livestock... literally...
The Morlocks, on the other hand, live underground and work their Smurf-like asses off to provide the basic needs to the Eloi to keep them in their lives of "luxury"...
![]() |
| Flocking to the temple... |
The Morlocks are cannibals, you see...
For years, they provided the Eloi with everything needed for survival, just as we do with livestock today. And the Eloi themselves are just as clueless as cattle... and just as uncaring...
![]() |
| "Good grief, how can they be so clueless?!" |
Though, from the looks of the Morlocks and how flabby they are, I'm guessing Eloi is not a food that's low in cholesterol...






No comments:
Post a Comment